Two Fat Ladies Sail Again

Two Fat Ladies Sail Again

Wednesday 2 April 2008

One Fat Lady Gets (Porta)down and Dirty


Well, since I didnt get to take part in the adventure race on Saturday, it left me fresh for the Mud Race in Portadown on Sunday and this turned out to be a good job. The course was a very tough 2 miles and it was 2 laps but it was probably the hardest 4 miles of my life.

I set off far too fast and ended up walking about half of the first lap but by the start of the second lap, I had settled into a rythm and was able to run the second lap. The terrain was at best ankle deep mud or water for 90% of the lap and the water plunges varied from knee deep to waist deep to upper chest deep.

The results are out and im very happy to say I came in in under an hour (57:09) which was my target. I was 80th out of 151 starters and 123 finishers so not being a runner im pleased.

The race might have only taken an hour but I was as wrecked afterwards as I usually am after a day long adventure race.

They are talking about another one in the autumn and I will definately be there.

My wife was there to spectate and took some photos which can be seen from the photo links on the RHS

Mark

1 comment:

ReiliSam said...

Hey, guys, why are you calling yourselves fat ladies?? Very nice blog, very nice pictures! Congratulations. Viit my blogs and comment too! Bye!

www.saladadetudo.blogspot.com
and
www.saladadetudo.com